Brewed Nature

A pound of Thoughts; A smidgen of Sarcasm; A quarter-cup of Concern; Two leaves of Bay; One Clove. Steep for days, constantly stirring with a branch of Oak.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

I Wondered About You Today

by Lydia Daffenberg


I wondered about you today--
What you were doing
What you were thinking and saying
(Did you see that star over there? We're on the same hemisphere, you know . . .)

If your thoughts lead you over a river,
Through a dense forest or glen; and,
What you were thinking of just then
(Of our walks and talks?)
When the light flashed a twinkle my way suggesting
It was you saying, "Hey."

I wonder what you were doing then, today,
When I wondered about you that way . . .

When you were overhead in the trees,
Peering down at me, or there in the flicker of the fire, there beside?
I grow tired and retire for the night, the embers decide to expire, finally.

I'm free. Sub-Thoughts roam.

I float about and find you (and me) at home amidst my quandries--
We're always questioning

But, overall, complete.

I wondered about you today.
I know down deep you wonder, too.

Who wouldn't, ey?

3 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger CW FISHER said...

Perfect. Just great. I mean truly.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger M.T. Daffenberg said...

I agree. This is great. I love the interior rhyme, especially, "I grow tired and retire for the night, the embers decide to expire, finally." Smooth rhythm, solid flow, and I like what it's about. ;)

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there girl,

That's some truly beautiful poetry.
The images your words invoke are absolutely stunning.

Thank you and keep writing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Website Counters